The QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute is one of the largest medical research institutes in the southern hemisphere, and is recognised worldwide for the quality of its research. The institute has established an Indigenous Health Research Program, which aims to develop culturally appropriate research projects in partnership with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Projects in partnership with QIMR Berghofer
- Science and young minds: youth engagement in skin health
- Support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cancer CRE (Centre for Research Excellence)
- Scabies mite complement inhibitors as targets for novel therapeutics
- Phase 1 clinical trial of a vaccine for group A streptococus bacteria
- Cancer in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Queensland
- Give your baby a better chance: Innovative testing prior to birth